Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cow Whisperer

Our next home was with David, a kind man wanting company. We kept busy doing paintings, baking, and becoming professional farmers. David did not live in your typical house. He resided in what use to be a shearing shed, refurnished to be a home. However the shearing room was still used as a shearing room, doubling as our art studio. Luckily, cleaning floors was really easy there, as he had no windows in the large swinging doors, so when it rained, EVERYTHING got wet. And it rained everyday!
His place was very calming and we soon found ourselves falling in a daily ritual. Painting and baking most of the day, joining David to herd the animals or milk the cow. Everyday I took time from my day to chill with the cows. By the end of our stay I had most of them named and was able to put them all to sleep by playing them some Debussy from my iPod. To say the least- we bonded. Ha
I think it's safe to say Lindsay and I both have the potential to be qualified farmers and farmers wives now.
-LA

No comments:

Post a Comment