Sunday, February 13, 2011

The sixth toe

I just finished a load of our dinner dishes in the mcdonalds bathroom. If anything cuts through grease, it'll be mcdonalds very own soap. Also, you should also see the plungers they use to compact the garbage in the rubbish bins. Backpacking is so educational!

The sixth toe was born in Abel Tasman.
Allow me to share with you a journal entry I wrote on dec 1 2010, 10:25pm- YHA hostel lounge- Franz Josef 

"I think the 6th toe is growing. It resides between the big toe and it's neighbour- or what used to be the neighbour. Once just a small blister, now a whole other occupant of the upper foot region. We're all at peace though; until something blows up atleast. Hopefully that will not happen."

I regret to inform you, the sixth toe no longer travels with us to this date. 
My ma hates it when I share stories such as this, so to balance it out, I will tell you about the glacier we climbed in Franz Josef. 
It was a soaring 1500 meters to the top and we summited it- free solo style. It was a gruesome climb to the top, but the refreshing ice water urged us on. Ofcourse, the only way to descend is to be lowered through the ice  crack down the ever fragile cliffside that claims 30 tourist lives yearly. We made it though. Anythings possible with a little self determination.

Yeah okay, I truly do wish that did happen, but my ma would have killed me before any cliffside took my life. The half day tour we took was great fun though and we were able to have a short taste of the snow your all are inhabited within. 
Perhaps this is my que to take a sleep break. 
-LA

No comments:

Post a Comment